Admittedly, I’m a professional procrastinator. Some people say that being a procrastinator is also the same as being good under pressure, but I have learned the hard way that this is not the case, especially when it comes to mystery shops.
It is, in fact, possible to run out of time, believe it or not. Even though you have three to five days to finish a shop. It’ll be day five in the blink of an eye. Of course, in a perfect world, your target answers the first time you call, you’re able to rush over the property to complete the onsite evaluation without a hitch, and you can write up the report at lightning speed, but unfortunately, this is not a perfect world.
So here are 10 reasons to start your mystery shops ASAP.
1. The sooner you start, the sooner you get paid.
2. If you do it today, you can cross out “Accomplish Something” on your list of things to do.
3. It may take several attempts to reach your target, so you need to start early.
4. After you finish your mystery shop, it will no longer be hanging over your head and you can do something else.
5. One of the millions of things that could keep you from being able to get to the property could keep you from getting to the property. Some examples being weather, traffic, a stomach bug, flat tire, you don’t feel like going that day, zombies…etc.
6. Your inbox won’t be filled with emails from from the mystery shopping company following up on the progress of the shop that you haven’t started.
7. You have a deadline and it’s coming up faster than you think.
8. Something personal could come up that keeps you from being able to complete the mystery shop.
9. The earlier you complete the shop, the longer you have to finish the report and the less slapped together it will be resulting in you actually helping the target become a better apartment leaser.
And the best reason of all to start your mystery shops ASAP?
10. Because it’s time to break the cycle of procrastination!
Don’t worry, you’re not the only mystery shopper who has put off a shop so long that the shopping company has had to give it to another shopper. But if you take these 10 reasons to start your mystery shop ASAP to heart, it won’t happen again.